It’s inspired by (but not really all that similar to) games like Spyro the Dragon, Zelda: Wind Waker, and Night in the Woods!
This was my most ambitious game yet, and it’s probably my longest; playtime runs about 60 minutes. I had tons of fun and learned a bunch of new skills. Here are just a few of the things I’ve been doing:
- getting MagicaVoxel and Blender to play nicely together
- making some fun chiptune music with BeepBox
- finally figuring out what some of the settings do in BFXR
- making and sharing a bunch of gifs with GifCam (and occasionally resizing with EZGif)
- marveling at Megan Turner‘s awesome pixel art
But, one of the more exciting things is that I finally combined two of my different skillsets: game making and film editing! That’s right, I made my very first video game trailer! Check it out here: